The HOMER software has helped tens of thousands of people around the world get clean, renewable energy. We are growing and hiring creative, dedicated individuals who want to be part of a dynamic team. Although we usually prefer to hire locally, we will consider applications from anyone willing to move to Boulder to join our team. If you are a self-starter and a great communicator, we may also, on occasion, hire at a distance and allow you to work from home.
HOMER Energy is located in the center of Boulder at 30th and Walnut, directly across from Twenty Ninth Street, a short distance from the University, and on major bus routes. Our website is located at http://www.homerenergy.com.
Applications are accepted only for currently open positions.
TO APPLY: Send a cover letter explaining why you are a great fit for the position, along with a resume, to email@example.com.
All positions are open until filled.
- Renewable Energy Analyst/C++ Programmer
- Software Engineering Intern
- Systems Administrator and IT Manager
We seek experienced renewable energy engineers with concrete experience in C++ software engineering and a passion for bringing clean energy to the world.
- Work with HOMER customers and management to define and clarify specifications for new and custom software versions and editions
- Maintain and expand library of renewable energy components within HOMER, including clarifying customer needs and specifications
- Design and code new versions of HOMER based on customer and internal needs
- Contribute to and help lead team development of architectures involving multiple technologies and platforms
- Masters or Ph.D. degree in mechanical engineering, computer science, electrical engineering, mathematics, operations research, economics, or equivalent experience
- At least two years’ experience working in C++
- Demonstrated interest in and experience with renewable energy
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills
- In depth knowledge and experience programming in C++
- Multi-threading, API, service architectures
- Software as a Service
- Assist software development team with ancillary duties including creating builds, testing and QA
- Opportunity to assist with code development based on skills and interest
- Degree or pursuing degree in computer science or related field
- Prefer strong interest in renewable energy
Compensation: Commensurate with experience and appropriate for internship
HOMER Energy seeks a part-time Systems Administrator and IT Manager for our small, mixed environment shop. We manage multiple cloud-based and physical servers through various vendors, and a variety of websites built on different technologies (Ruby on Rails, Java, Apache, Wordpress, PHP). We also need to manage our local IT infrastructure, systems, backups, etc., which is growing and changing.
This is a part-time position, approximately 5-10 hours/week. We are open to contractors but greatly prefer someone in the Boulder area who can meet with us. We are also open to a full-time or part-time employee who would have other duties in the areas of software QA, build, environments, software development, and other IT areas. It will likely require a 1-2 week familiarity and setup period learning about our existing systems and future plans. After that it should be part-time, with variable hours.
- Strong background in systems administration
- Experience managing or building as many of the following as possible:
- Amazon web services servers
- Hosted Linux and Windows servers
- Apache, Ruby on Rails, Apache Tomcat
- Security frameworks, https:, security certificates
- Cloud-based backups
- Local backups and shared drives
- Windows, Macintosh, and Ubuntu
- Development environments
Compensation: Commensurate with experience and situation