Ready to make a difference in the world by helping transform how the we use energy? Consider joining the HOMER team today. The HOMER software has helped tens of thousands of people around the world get clean, renewable energy. We are growing and hiring passionate, dedicated individuals who take initiative and want to be part of a dynamic team. Although we usually prefer to hire locally, we will consider applications from anyone willing to move to Boulder to join our team. If you are a self-starter and a great communicator, we may also, on occasion, hire at a distance and allow you to work from home. Positions marked as "Outsourced" may be filled by any person. All other positions require that you be eligible for work in the United States.
HOMER Energy is located in the center of Boulder at 30th and Walnut, directly across from Twenty Ninth Street, a short distance from the University, and on major bus routes. Our website is located at http://www.homerenergy.com.
Our culture is a combination of heads down, creative, and playful. Our revenues are growing at a fast clip, so we focus on keeping our international customer base happy. People who do well here are committed to our cause and our customers. We love people who aren't afraid to share their ideas, even if those ideas might not be embraced immediately.
Applications are accepted only for currently open positions.
TO APPLY: Send a cover letter explaining why you are a great fit for the position, along with a resume, to email@example.com.
All positions are open until filled.
Are you an experienced, professional web expert that would like to lead and grow a small but powerful team of creatives and coders delivering software products to every corner of the globe? Are you self-directed and independent minded, while loving to work with a group of equally creative, self-directed individuals to create a world-class customer experience? We are seeking a Director for our web development team to create and manage virtually every aspect of our extensive online presence. This is an exciting position for someone with deep web experience who wants to work specifically in the renewable energy area. Because we are still small, you should be willing and able to do many jobs that would belong to many people in a larger company, and to work with company leaders to identify when it's time to create a new position and grow the team.
This is a key leadership position - you will work at our office in Boulder, Colorado (i.e., no remote workers please).
This position is described as both a leadership and technical position because that is the stage we are at. We want both. If that makes sense to you, give us a shout. You might just love it here.
- Manage and coordinate all company websites (Primarily HTML and Ruby on Rails, Wordpress, some PHP, Angular JS)
- Maintain and and manage PostreSQL database
- Manage various Linux and Azure servers on various platforms - develop and maintain backups, disaster plans, and upgrade plans
- Continuous development of new functionality for customer-facing interactive websites
- Create and maintain documentation for all web-based systems and processes
- Audit and maintain security systems for all data and multiple websites, using best practices
You should definitely have/be:
- At least 5 years' experience with websites, in production mode
- Leader who takes initiative and responsibility
- API and external integration experience on multiple platforms
- Fast learner, comfortable with multiple technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
And it would be great if you had/knew:
- 7+ years' experience with production websites
- Some proficiency with PHP
- Angular JS
- Design sense or background
- Ecommerce experience, integrating with Authorize.net or similar
- Linux server setup and management experience
- Ability to setup and manage Apache web server
- Experience with SendGrid, Pardot, or similar, particularly integrating with APIs
- Experience with Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services