Speed and simplify DER optimization with industry-leading modeling software
Rapidly optimize ROI, charge electric vehicles, cut carbon and make smarter development decisions. Robust and easy-to-use, HOMER® Grid combines economics, engineering and multiple value streams in one model, then rapidly performs complex calculations to find the least-cost solution. You can save time and improve accuracy in early-stage feasibility analysis, compare design outcomes and demonstrate the value of on-site generation and storage to support electric vehicle (EV) charging, carbon reduction and resilience.
With one powerful model you can:
- Forecast and optimize return on investment (ROI).
- Maximize EV charging revenue and energy savings.
- Minimize cost.
- Increase resilience.
- Reduce carbon emissions.
- Explore combined heat and power.
- Reduce uncertainty, speed decision-making and win sales.
Originally developed at National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL), HOMER Grid is built on the benchmark-setting HOMER platform.
HOMER software is trusted for robust feasibility analysis by over 250,000 users in 190+ countries.
Maximize EV charging station revenue and return on investment with confidence
HOMER Grid’s robust EV charging analytics and revenue calculator enables you to reduce the time and uncertainty of evaluating the ROI of a proposed charging station, forecast revenue, maximize project value and demonstrate that value to your customer in minutes. You can quickly and confidently:
- Size and optimize charging stations, whether grid-connected or powered by a microgrid or distributed energy.
- Optimize on-demand and deferrable EV charging strategies.
- Compare multiple locations and system configurations to find the most profitable solution and site.
- Gain control over demand charges and time of use rates
- Determine, maximize and demonstrate the value of on-site generation and storage.
- Use modeling results to speed the permitting process, reduce the time from quote to construction and mitigate project risk.
Watch a short demonstration of HOMER Grid’s EV charging modeling.
Take the guesswork out of feasibility analysis with extensive databases
Perform feasibility analysis efficiently and demonstrate system value quickly with automated and built-in access to extensive databases, including:
- Utility tariff structures for more than 90% of the zip codes in the U.S., Canada and Mexico.
- Incentive and demand-response programs.
- Building load profiles.
- Weather resource data.
- Component libraries for solar photovoltaic (PV), wind turbine and battery models.
Save time with robust accuracy you can trust
Only HOMER Grid allows you to include any combination of components and gives you the total energy cost for each possible system.
You have the information you need to choose the best and least-cost system.
Win sales and earn confidence with insightful proposals
Instantly produce customized, client-facing reports that present key aspects of your analysis, including cost comparisons and economic value streams. You, your customer and your stakeholders can move forward with confidence.
Ready to get started? Take advantage of our complimentary 21-day trial or buy your license now. If you need help with your analysis, talk to an expert.
Get the competitive edge with HOMER Grid
Learn more about modeling critical use cases with HOMER Grid
Learn more about HOMER Grid:
- Version History
- Searchable Knowledgebase
- End-User License Agreement
- HOMER Grid Product Brochure
“We use HOMER for all of the tender packages we distribute and require that project proposals include their HOMER model.”
--David Edwards, Horizon Power, Australia
Put the power of UL Solutions HOMER software and advisory services to work for you.
Map shows locations of the more than 250,000 users enabled by HOMER software in over 190 countries around the globe
UL Solutions HOMER Grid is built-on the trusted HOMER software engine used by more than 250,000 energy professionals in over 190 countries, plus the independent engineering expertise of our large advisory team. HOMER software optimizes the value of your hybrid power systems and energy storage whether the system is standalone, grid-connected, behind- or in front-of-the-meter.
Products include HOMER Pro for determining the best, least-cost solution for microgrids; HOMER Grid for designing behind-the-meter, grid-connected systems that save on electricity bills, reduce peak loads, and lower carbon footprints; and HOMER Front to maximize project IRR in utility-scale energy storage whether standalone or combined with other energy resources such as solar or wind.